New Position Search:
Director of Development (15-20 hours per week)
WHO WE ARE
Preambula Group is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on building a network of motivated Catholics/Christians by taking ministry out of the theoretical and bringing people to the Jesus, the community, and the fullness of life we long for.
Without programs, institutions, or a culture of mandates, the early church exploded in a world without a Christian culture. Our team has studied that reality, then applied decades of lessons learned at every level of church ministry, and set out to offer people an experience that is both ancient and new. The results have been great! As our methods have proven successful, we are setting out to expand our reach into new communities.
We provide the “how” of Christian discipleship by offering continuous formation experiences that help Christians grow and thrive. We walk with people to a full and authentic life in Christ. We call these experiences More Than You Realize (visit: mtyr.org). The method we employ includes integral formation opportunities, personal coaching, seminars, networking, and creative communications to provide the support Christians/Catholics need on their discipleship journey. In turn, we are building a network of well-formed missionary disciples who can bring this intimate relationship with Jesus Christ to so many people in need of God’s presence in their lives.
Preambula Group is off to a powerful start and has plans to grow our Mission even more. People who realize that there is more to life if they have a strong relationship with Jesus will love being a part of our team.
The Director of Development is responsible for supporting the mission by creating, growing, sustaining, and executing the fund-raising plan for Preambula Group. This includes:
- Working with the President and the Board of Directors to develop strategies for fund-raising across the organization’s activities.
- Researching and writing grant proposals.
- Developing and organizing crowd source campaigns within our constituent groups.
- Working with the Board of Directors and Board of Advisors to develop mission partnerships with potential benefactors, organizing special events, cultivating public relations, and keeping our donor database current.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These responsibilities will be strategically tailored to the right candidate’s skillset, preferences, or background:
- Leads all fund-raising efforts including small and large donors, foundations, alumni, annual appeals, fund-raising events, etc.
- Manages all grant research, grant writing, proposal requests, etc. for fund raising.
- Works closely with foundations and other large donor organizations.
- Responsible for creating a fund-raising plan and for executing the plan.
- Fund-raising must be enough to grow the organization and to sustain it.
- Maintain donor database.
- Create regular reports for the Board regarding fund-raising.
- Develops and delivers fund fundraising strategies across all Preambula Group activities and MTYR events.
- Responsible for (Collaborates with the Vice President for Marketing and Communications) all development related communications, fund-raising campaigns, and annual appeal mailings/digital communications.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Business, Social Sciences, or Non-profit administration.
- We recognize a relevant and positive track record as potentially the best education.
- 2 + years’ experience working within a Catholic or Christian non-profit environment (church, charity, school, lay apostolate, etc.)
- 3 – 5 years solid experience in fund raising through individual high net-worth benefactors, foundations, and small donors.
- Experience writing fund raising strategies and plans.
- A heart for the Christian ministry of disciple-making and evangelization in the Catholic tradition.
- Previous work with foundations and/or access to a network of potential donors preferred.
- Well-developed capability to influence at all levels especially at higher levels of organizations, foundations, the Board, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to write strategies, plans, and grant proposals with good attention to detail.
- Ability to make good, sound decisions. Ability to use data analytics to drive decisions.
- High integrity, open and honest.
- Competency in basic development software, office programs, and website administration.
Reports to: President/CEO of Preambula Group
Status: Part time contractor – 20 hours per week
Salary: Hourly rate to be discussed as part of the interview process.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and any applicable references or resource to firstname.lastname@example.org